JUST ADDED ON 9/21 - THE BATTLE OF COLD HARBOR / GARTHRIGHT HOUSE / UNION HOSPITAL - Campfire Lead & Quartz Arrowhead
Out of stock
A piece of campfire lead and a quartz arrowhead (not in great condition, but quartz points are desirable) that were recovered from the Garthright House on the Cold Harbor Battlefield, probably in the early 1960s. These artifacts come out of an old Pennsylvania collection where the relics were neatly separated and identified with typed labels. The Garthright House, which sits about 1/2 mile away from the modern Cold Harbor Visitor Center, was the site of a Union Hospital during the 1864 battle. Over a hundred men were buried in the front yard before being reinterred in the National Cemetery. A provenance letter will be included.